I had a lovely Sunday in London, firstly, catching up with Fi from SOS and Reena from Fashion Daydreams and Frankie from Swell Vintage in Spitalfields. We happily ate cakes and sipped freshly squeezed lemondae from Leon's. We also very briefly bumped into Jenny from The Style PA, so it was already, a productive day for meeting fellow bloggers!

...and also capturing the cute bunny scultpures just outside the markets.

We headed on over to the Sketchbook pop up shop at Newburgh St. I do love this area for shopping as it's less crowded than Oxford Street and there are an abundance of independent boutiques too.

Sketchbook is a fashion illustration magazine which features emerging creative talent, edited by Wafa Al Obidat. The pop up shop is like a living, breathing version of the magazine with works by designers and artists on show. With a full schedule of lectures from insiders on fashion, blogging and art, it's a fantastic and inspirational place to be.

Brightly painted walls among the video installations.


Proof we were there...


No guesses as to which photo is courtesy of Sketchbook magazine
Original Link Here
At the pop up shop, we met up with Kit from Style Slicker and bumped into a few more bloggers later on in the form of Danielle from Fatal Attraction 2 Fashion and the lovely Miggy from Miggy Likes The Internet.
I loved the canvas where visitors were encouraged to leave a message and take a photo using the disposable camera perched on top. I loved how interactive it all was.
I loved the canvas where visitors were encouraged to leave a message and take a photo using the disposable camera perched on top. I loved how interactive it all was.

Of course, I had to leave my mark too...

Very mini cupcakes!

I loved the wish tree, especially the one for more cupcakes.

The walls were adorned with detailed illustrations. What a pity that at the end of the week, when the pop up shop comes to a close, these will have to be painted over again!

The painted room which was used as the music room that day was my favourite.

Such an awesome space and where the amazing Sheffield based band, Pocket Satellite played a live set. Go check them out, they are so good!

So pretty. I'd love my room painted like this!

Normally Kit is on the other side of the camera...but we huddled into this little space for a quick photo!

Pretty printed tees were on sale by Lucia's Boutique.

The Pop up shop is such a great space and to top it all off, Wafa Al Obidat is only 23! To think she has launched a magazine and is the same age as me, is quite unbelievable and such an inspiration. It actually closes at the end of the week, marking an end to the three weeks pop up shop, so it was super lucky, that I booked my train tickets to London in time to catch this.

We ended our brief bloggers meet up with yummy dinner at Cafe Carluccios in Covent Garden. Possibly the first time I've eaten anything other than cupcakes with bloggers!
I had a such a great day in London and it was sad to head back home to the midlands. I am very glad that there are more plans in the making for future blogger reunions involving cakes and picnics!
I had a such a great day in London and it was sad to head back home to the midlands. I am very glad that there are more plans in the making for future blogger reunions involving cakes and picnics!
Lovely post Winnie! Hurry up and move down to London and then we can have a regular bloggers feast :D
ReplyDeleteGreat post, the pictures really tell a thousand words :)
ReplyDeleteAwww looks lovely:)!!
ReplyDeleteCathy
http://thestylestrutter.blogspot.com
xxx
Great pics winnie! You girls were so lovely and fun and I hope we can all meet up again sometime. Take care and enjoy your week darling :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a really good time! And I really like what you're wearing.
ReplyDeleteP.S. the purple thing in my hand? perfume! I totally forgot to mention it in my post, but its my favourite perfume Alien - Thierry Muglae
Julie@ http://yourstalkerslittlesister.blogspot.com/
xxx
Such a fun day! Come back soon! x
ReplyDeleteMe. Jealous. Much. Looks like a fun and creative outing, plus that pasta needs to feature in future meet-ups. In fact, I think we need multiple meet-ups with various different kinds of food, probably during fashion week. Excited already...
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect Sunday. I love the creativity behind that popup shop - I wish we had more here in Atlanta. And i wish I could meet as many fellow bloggers as you. Hopefully someday Lar and I will make it back to London and get to hang with you - maybe have more than cupcakes!
ReplyDeletelooks like you had such a blast! what a perfect way to end the week... beautiful pictures! i hope one day to meet other fellow fashion bloggers! each and everyone one is so inspiring!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great time. I am off to Spitalfields next week - I can't wait.
ReplyDeletelooks like you had such fun! you are such an impeccably dressed bunch :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks and sounds like you had such fun! The photos are lovely !!
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! Great pictures <3
ReplyDeletestarsandshoes.blogspot.com
I know the Sketchbook shop is wicked isn't it? I was there on Friday and was amazed by what I saw, talk about super cool. Hard to believe Wafa is only 23, so great to see young creatives doing their stuff.
ReplyDeleteI love what you're wearing especially the mint green cardigan.
ReplyDeletegorgeous blog Winnie. I see you are in London too.
ReplyDeletex
fun pics!!!! :) love your skirt!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Wow looks like such a cool shop, I would have loved to go! x
ReplyDeleteAhhh it looks amazing, definitley inspirational. I'll have to try & make a visit :)
ReplyDeleteLONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM ♥
xx
sounds like an awesome day :) i love all those pretty pictures and rooms and art and ahh!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day... I love Sketchbook magazine and I've been dreaming of being sketched by their fabulous artists one day. xoxo
ReplyDeleteoh, wow, great stuff. And you guys look like you are having so much fun. Love the food, too.
ReplyDeleteSo cool!
ReplyDelete♥
That sounds like total fun, what you ate looks yummy. And the person who started up that magazine sounds like big inspiration!
ReplyDeleteFrom Dolly
XXX
http://dollydaydreamsdomicile.blogspot.com
Oh I love, love, love Sketchbook! Blogger meet ups sound fun :)
ReplyDeleteJust launched a giveaway on my blog to win Laura Mackness for Weekday and Benefit goodies, if you're interested!
tweet tweet tweet
x
Amazing pictures, love the art!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I tagged you for an award!
Fun pics, darling!
ReplyDeleteI love it when bloggers meet up IRL!
xoxox,
CC
aw fun fun fun!!!! i seriously want to do a blogger meetup in Seoul!
ReplyDeleteWow! It looks like a perfect place to be in. Sketchbook must be a really nice magazine. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures and it looks like you had an amazing time. I love your lace top and I like the colour combination.
ReplyDeleteso lovely!!
ReplyDeleteThe cupcakes looks so yummy!
xoxo Jade
You look really cute! And the art looks amazing!
ReplyDelete:O I WENT TO THE SKETCHBOOK SHOP! But on Monday, so I missed you :(
ReplyDeleteI didn't go downstair much so I guess I missed out on a lot! It looks so much cooler down there!
http://toruu-tania.blogspot.com/
Really sorry tospam your blog, but I was wondering if you could explain thhe pop-up nature of this shop? I mean, I understand it changes each week, but other than that I'm clueless.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment :)
http://toruu-tania.blogspot.com/
cute rabbit statues!
ReplyDeleteI love your skirt <3
Nice post! Made me happy!:)
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was fun! I wish I could have visited the pop up store too.
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe you're 23, you look so much younger!XD
I LOVE YOUR SKIRT!!! :D
ReplyDeleteWow! Winnie, this place looks absolutely magical. And I adore the Wish Tree. We used to have something similar when I was in elementary school - I loved it back then, as well!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a good time, my love!! :)
Owh I love that photo of you and kit! If I wasn't in Korea then I would've met you again...pity!
ReplyDeletebtw that combo of pistacchio and pink is sooo nice, makes me feel like icecream...
I loved reading this post! So inspiring and so much fun!
ReplyDeleteYup inspiring,
ReplyDeleteAdorable girls :)
and outfits, of course.
xoxo
what an awesome place to be.
ReplyDeleteWow, so much fun. Love the pasta pic too. This was a fantastic post.
ReplyDeleteSo, happy that you posted about this. Very cool stuff.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures ;)
ReplyDeletebeijo *
AWESOME post! loved alll the photos
ReplyDeleteyou look stunning too
loving the blog - great posts
stop by some time!
xx
Looks like so much fun! I love meeting up with fellow bloggers x
ReplyDeleteah you all look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great fun time. I quite like your dress.
ReplyDeleteI love your skirt- it is such a pretty colour and the drapery is gorgeous! :)
ReplyDeleteMaria xxx
Thanks girrrl, I'm checking out your blog too!
ReplyDeletehttp://daswhatshesaid.blogspot.com/