Growing up, I was quite adament that pink was not my favourite colour, I didn't want to be a nurse or a ballerina like most of the girls in my class. Instead my favourite colour was yellow and I wanted to be an artist. While the latter didn't quite work out (but I was tempted to go to Art School when choosing undergraduate courses at uni, but ended up settling for History of Art) I now realise that pink is one of my favourite, staple colours in my wardrobe.

Cardi (Principles) Grey top (Heattech by Uniqlo) Skirt, shoes (Topshop) Belt, Bow (H&M) Tights (HoH)



Necklace (Tatty Devine for Tate)
Oh and my favourite colour is much harder to place now, but I do have a soft spot for purple which is also reflected in my wardrobe. Speaking of colours, grey is definitely the new black for me. It goes with everything!
Lastly, you may have seen this outfit over at Rebecca's blog, The Clothes Horse in her fun new feature, Flashback Friday. I've got to admit, I was quite excited to see my photo on her blog- one which I've been reading since I started blogging, wayyy back in the day!
haha i used to think that loving pink meant giving in to female stereotypes...i never wore it...but now slowing integrating it in my closet...
ReplyDeletei have to agree with you, grey is the new black
ReplyDeletex
i love grey clothes. it really does go with everything. i have wayy too many cardigans in varying shades of grey :)
ReplyDeleteI adore these tights!
ReplyDeleteI used to ABSOLUTELY HATE pink, now I love buying pink stuff and pink lipstick. As a colour it still doesn't suit me clothing wise though...
ReplyDeleteOhhhh I want those tiiiights!!
ReplyDeleteI was a major girly girl when I was little - I would *only* wear trousers if they were pink!! I don't wear it so much now, but I lvoe the beautiful drapy-ness of your skirt, the colour is gorgeous.
ReplyDeletelove your outfit !
ReplyDeletemademoisellepaulina.blogspot.com
Your outfit is lovely !
ReplyDeleteFantastic outfit! I'd love it if you'd take a look at my blog x
ReplyDeleteAh such a pretty outfit love the pink skirt and your gorge necklace!
ReplyDeletei love pink! you look so nice, this may be one of my favorite outfits of you ever. and i loved that flashback friday post!
ReplyDeleteYay for you being on The Clothes Horse, love her blog, and yours! I was the same when I was little but to more extreme, my favourite colour was black and I wanted to be a plumber...
ReplyDeletetweet tweet tweet
x
i love that necklace is awesome!!
ReplyDeletei think one of my fav outfits i've seen you in! really love it! xx
ReplyDeleteI love pink but only the really dark or bright pinks. I can't do lighter pinks but the skirt looks great on you. I also love the finishing touches to your outfits. The necklace and tights - amazing!
ReplyDeleteIt is so difficult to choose a favourite colour. Most days mine is pink but other days it is green, yellow,red, black or beige.
Pink+streeps=glam
ReplyDeletei am right there with you where grey is concerned. i'm slightly addicted to it actually! you look really cute in pink, it's not one of my go to colours but i'm trying to incorporate it a bit more for springtime! also really like that necklace!
ReplyDeleteYour necklace is very unusual is it from Tate modern? xXx
ReplyDeleteLove that oufit:)!! Im obsessed with pink:)!!
ReplyDeleteCathy
thestylestrutter.blogspot.com
xxx
I really do like that shade of pink. and the whole outfit is just really quite fun. The tights make it sort of playful, and the pink makes it extra cheery :D
ReplyDeleteJulie@
http://yourstalkerslittlesister.blogspot.com/
Hey hey I heart your tights! What is Hoh?
ReplyDeleteLove your skirt and your story, darling!
ReplyDeleteReally cute tights and necklace too!
xoxox,
CC
those tights are so cute
ReplyDeletePink has always been my favorite color, I went through a stage in my teens when I denied my pink color love, but now it's stronger than ever haha.
ReplyDeleteI love your outfit, the color of your pink skirt is such a lovely color. It really pops!
Love your tights and that necklace is so cool!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte xx
The Style Rail
congrats on the feature on Rebecca's blog, I will make sure to check it out.
ReplyDeleteYou look cute hun!
xx
marian.
those are cool tights!
ReplyDeleteI really love your eye for color
The leggings are totally awesome! they are so so pretty!!!
ReplyDeleteHi there-the pink skirt is really lovely and grey is the perfect way to match it! Have a great week ahead my dear!!
ReplyDeleteThem tights are gorgeous! I want them!
ReplyDeletexx
oh i love this skirt and the tights are fabxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous skirt, and love the necklace! I agree - gray is almost everywhere in my wardrobe to accompany most of my pieces :)
ReplyDeleteHey Lovely!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean, I remember trying to be different and avoiding pink at all costs! LOVVVINGG your tights! I just made a post dedicated to Henry Holland :)
- Adele
moltocuriosa.com
Alphabet tights and a flouncy pink skirt. This outfit is phenomenal, Winnie!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being featured on The Clothes Horse!! :)
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Those tights are awesome!!
ReplyDeletexx
I was so like you Winnie...I didn't used to dress like a ballet dancer when I was younger...the style only got to me now...this skirt is genius!
ReplyDeleteThe popular girls all loved pink (or "baby blue" as I recall...) and if you were't with them then you were just a wannabe. Fortunately, we all grow up to find our own selves and our own style. Embrace the pink!
ReplyDeleteso cute!! I love the pink skirt and tights! I love grey. It matches with everything! Art history is awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteomg ur necklace!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE ITT!!!!!
cute outfit girl!
ReplyDeleteohhh I didn't know you studied art history! so i do!
ReplyDeletehow lovely, pinks and greys are perfect and i am glad to see the principles cardigan, theres really nice things to be found in 'mum shops'!
x
I was so taken by your necklace... it's really fabulous. xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou always look so cute! Love the bow and tights!
ReplyDeletecolormenana.blogspot.com
cute necklace girly, extremely pretty.
ReplyDeleteI hope to purchase a tatty Divine Goodie for myself, any advice on wheres best to go to purchase? x
i love pink skirts! this is a great look- goes so well with the HoH tights xx
ReplyDeletei love pink too, the colour i always go back to. & i especially love it with grey. lovely outfit. i saw your pic on the clothes horse, so so cute
ReplyDeletelord! u´r stockings. my goch i want them
ReplyDeleteThose tights are so cute. I bet they get comments all day!
ReplyDeleteWhen i was younger i was very much girlie and into pink, then as a teen I became goth like and wore only black, deep red or purple!
ReplyDeleteNow im back to my pink loving ways :D
I saw yur pic on The Clothes Horse the other day - soooooooooooooooooo cute! I even had to have a go myself (on my new post)
Sal xXx
I love the pink color.
ReplyDeletethis outfit is immensely awesome down to the untitled necklace. makes me think of untitled poems and paintings and whatever mood they evoke. i remember being a 3rd grader and rejecting pink for yellow.
ReplyDeletei like the pink on you! and those tights are so awesome!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE pink (of course). Your outfit is darling!
ReplyDeleteAmazing blog hon!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to let you know about my big giveaway - check it out, you can win makeup&accessories!!! :))
http://fraupixiedust.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-giveaway-make-up.html
I love this whole outfit, especially the stripy cardigan :) xxx
ReplyDeletelove this outfit! especially the necklace, draped pink skirt & HoH tights :)
ReplyDeleteI totally agree about grey being the new black!
LONDON--ROSE.BLOGSPOT.COM ♥
@hannahmayrose_x
xx
Love the fun, girly pink skirt - and the alphabet tights are too cute! xo, mel
ReplyDeleteLove the pink colour of your skirt :D
ReplyDeletehope you have a lovely day
ReplyDeletexxx
marian.
uau,
ReplyDeleteis very very beautiful your look.
kiss kiss
i am in love with that necklace. gorgeous outfit.
ReplyDelete:)
xo Alison
I really do love the pink m'love :D Oooooh! And the Tate always has awesome merchandise! Xxxc
ReplyDeleteYour wardrobe makes me wish I had it. SO BAD.
ReplyDeletehave you laddered those tights yet?
ReplyDeletei've bought at least 7 pairs of HOH's now and they are all laddered to smitherenes.... must learn to be more of a lady ;(
x
alphabet tights are AWESOME. and i feel your pain about having to study loads right now :(((
ReplyDeleteNabila xo
www.gotsunshineinabag.blogspot.com
i really can't wear pink, i don't know why. i don't mind it in floral patterns, but anything else is just way too girly for me haha. you make it look awesome though.
ReplyDelete