Here is one of those photos-of-my-day posts which I must get into the habit of doing more. Monday was a gorgeously sunny bank holiday which means a day off! My first port of call was for a haircut at Umberto Giannini (Selfridges, Birmingham). Claire has been my stylist for 4+ years and she's awesome. That day we spent a lot of time laughing at this Bad Hair book they had in the salon.



Afterwards, my little sister and I stopped for Sushi. Yo Sushi isn't the most amazing Sushi but....it does the job especially on a Blue Monday. I love Sashimi, Salmon and avocado handrolls but one of my favourites is the Tamago nigiri which is the sweet egg sushi. After we had our fill, my sis and I shopped and then stopped at Yorks Bakery for a tea and cake break. I went for green tea naturally.




My sis and I wondered around the city taking plenty of random snaps in the sunshine. Of course I managed to take advantage of the quieter streets and got a few photos for my next post...here is a sneak peek!



The day ended with a nostalgic Twister ice cream on the walk home from the train station and attempting to juggle my ice cream when I took the photos of the pink blossom above. It was such a lovely day and I'm already looking forward to the next bank holiday...fingers crossed it will be just as sunny!


Love your photos. Sunny weather makes the days more fun, huh? Oh, sushi! Can't get enough :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful fun day to share!
ReplyDeleteOh, how fun! I can just imagine all the giggles..looking at the Bad Hair book! Love the blossoms too!
ReplyDeletetwister ice cream is awesomeee haha
ReplyDeleteJessica
http://www.jumpintopuddles.com
Sounds like such a fabulous day! The bad hair book looked so fun!! Looking forward to seeing your whole look!
ReplyDeleteRebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca
pretty blossoms
ReplyDeleteYou look pretty! I laughed at the 'bad hair day' book, lol. Great pictures, enjoy your weekend./Madison
ReplyDeleteSounds really lovely! I wish I lived closer to my sisters to spend more days like this with them! Hope you've had a great weekend - charlotte
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a great day! And your pictures look so pretty ^^
ReplyDeletexoxo
Love these photos. You look gorgeous Winnie :) Super cute outfit love the play on color and textures girl. Sunshine is the best, warms up any mood and day. Agreed! <3
ReplyDeleteJoyce @ carouselstreet.com
Now I'm tempted for Blue Monday!
ReplyDeletewonderful post! i like your new hair cut and the bad-hair-cards are really funny! it looks like you and your sister had a great day!
ReplyDeleteLovely post! The photos of Birmingham are stunning :)
ReplyDeleteThis is SO weird, but we have the same stylist!! hahaha Claire is awesome, always get my haircut by her and she seems to have a new style every time i see her so i have a difficulty recognising her each time i see her, small world (as they say!!) mmm sushi looks DELISH and i love the pic of the blossom, so beaut xx
ReplyDeletelovely pics!
ReplyDeleteyeh i only visit yo sushi occasionally...and only on a blue monday..they're so overpriced for what they serve!
and i can't remember the last time i had a twister ice cream! damn....craving one now...although it's pretty cold right now >_<
what a lovely day! I can't get enough of all the pink blossoms around at the moment! x
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect way to spend the day. I can only see the top of your skirt but it looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteLove those converses! :)
ReplyDeletethe pink blossoms look beautiful! x
ReplyDeletehttp://pleasebemynightingale.blogspot.com
loving the pink blossoms! :-) amazing photography.
ReplyDeleteIndeed, a lovely day. We have similar converse. http://mybrightneonlullaby.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/img_0163_edited-1.jpg
ReplyDeleteI like what I see with your outfit.
totally agree on the yo sushi, soo overpriced not really worth it in terms of quality. lovely pics nonetheless x
ReplyDeletelooks like a seriously magical day!
ReplyDeletexxx
Lady à la Mode
Oh really beautiful
ReplyDeleteI love it the flowers blosom!
xoxo
Eeep, this looks like the perfect day Winnie! How beautiful are the blossoms?! We have an apple blossom tree outside our house and it is so pretty in full bloom at the moment. Love the snippet of your skirt(?)'s print, and I definitely agree that Blue Monday is the best kind of Monday! xx
ReplyDeleteLovely photos <3
ReplyDeleteGIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG
xx
glamdevils
Cute photos.=)
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a day well spent... lovely indeed!
ReplyDeleteOh and I also love sushi
the sweet egg and salmon are my faves too.
Love a good California Maki too.
Looks like a great day! Love the pretty blooms.
ReplyDeleteThis looks like such a nice day! I love tamago sushi, all my friends think I'm weird for liking it - they are missing out. I need to have a flick through that Bad Hair book sometime. x
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely day out indeed. Love the way your lipstick matches your bag. Those light turquoise sneakers are fab too!!
ReplyDeleteThe pink blossoms are so beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos and outfit :)
Looks like a lovely day.
ReplyDeleteThese are such gorgeous photos! And it is so fun that you got to spend it with your sister:)
ReplyDeleteI loveeeeeeeeeeee this post! The pink blossom trees are sooo beautiful! That pic of you and your hair stylist is so cute and fun;) Yo sushi! omg, believe it or not, i used to lovee going to that place, especially when i got off uni early and had loads of time to kill before i went home,hahaha....has their quality gone worse or same?????? i also used to frequent giligulu near Covent garden although i have been told it's not the best sushi place, hahaha....
ReplyDeleteBy the way, are these pics of London or somewhere else in the UK? Looks sooo peaceful and beautiful!
p.s. love your black glittery nails!
Cinz
http://cinzee.wordpress.com