So another weekend draws to a close and I have had a lovely one. I spent the last few days hanging out with friends, eating delicious homemade curry, drinking plenty of tea and catching up. We made some impromptu plans on Saturday to visit some local bluebell woods and have a picnic. Random plans are sometimes the best and I definitely regret not bringing a camera with me (I really to get better at bringing my smaller compact camera with me at all times) so I will have to remember next time. For now, here are some pics from my iPhone!
The bluebells at Hay Wood in Hatton, Warwick were on their last days so I'm pleased we managed to squeeze in some time here and have a wander around. Plus, so often the things we do cost money (coffees, lunch and a spot of shopping soon add up) and it's great to make use of nature and do something that costs absolutely nothing!



Lovely photos here Winnie, this looks like such a lovely place and I love getting out for a woodland walke during the weekend, bluebells are so pretty! - Tasha
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful photos. I would love to go walking here.
ReplyDeleteSo gorgeous. I love walking around parks and woods especially when the weather is so lovely.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful!! And just look at that picnic! It's little things like bluebell-lined woods that I miss about English spring. Meanwhile in sweaty HK... ;)
ReplyDeleteHaw a beautiful place!!
ReplyDeleteI love nature.. ♡
Lunch to eat in a forest looks very delicious!
akiko
Really wish I could visit some place like this, but don't got much trees here in LA~~
ReplyDeleteConnie theconbonz
Oh my! Bluebells look so magical and what lovely weather you had!
ReplyDeleteNat | Dignifiable
ugh yas outdoor picnic! the bluebells looking lovely! aayyy you adorbs <3 glad you have fun!
ReplyDeletexx http://tanaditya.co.vu
This looks lovely, you can't beat a picnic!
ReplyDeleteMaria xxx
I love getting out in the woods. Bluebells looks perfect.
ReplyDeleteBuckets & Spades
Lovely photographs, I love wandering in woodlands especially when the bluebells are out.
ReplyDeleteThanks Tasha! It was so nice to just wander around here!
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely hoping to go back at some point, it was lovely and peaceful until some people turned up with a motocross bike and were riding it around somewhere!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sherin! It was a bit chilly on Saturday but would have been perfect today/yesterday in the sunshine!
ReplyDeleteI wasn't sure whether to take a pic of the picnic as it was just a simple, modest meal but it looked cute and oh so British! Haha HK is just in fully fledged Summer mode now eh?!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Akiko! I loved the novelty of picnic in the woods - it was so much fun :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you will come across some place like this one day - I don't often go for walks in woodland, so it was pretty fun for me to walk around here with friends that day!
ReplyDeleteIt was so lovely and so much fun for a last minute trip :)
ReplyDeleteThe picnic was simple but was extra yummy when sitting in woodland with friends :) So much fun!
ReplyDeleteYou really can't! I had such a lovely time here, I wish I had woodland closer to where I live, i'd go all the time!
ReplyDeleteThanks Julie! x
ReplyDeleteI don't do it nearly enough but now that I know this is so close to where my friend lives, I'll hopefully go more often!
ReplyDeleteThere's something really magical about bluebells isn't there?
ReplyDeletehotterthanthesun.
ReplyDeleteNothing like the forest!
ReplyDeleteMr Essentialist
It looks beautiful, so peaceful too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely way to spend a day! :)
ReplyDeletelucylovestoeat.com